Realm of Dreams

Friday, November 12, 2010

So, not sure where to start, so I'll just start with yesterday.

I took a short break to run to the bathroom. As I was leaving the floor, I walked past a couple of people that were sitting kinda out in the middle of the aisle. I said excuse me as I walked past. I then heard one of the girls that I walked by say 'excuse me', it sounded rather curt. I didn't look back, I just kept going. I didn't think anything of it, and when I came back I took a different route back to my desk.

Lunch time rolls around and I head down to the break room. I grab a bag of chips out of the vending machine and sit down with my book. I start to nibble on my chips and sammich while reading, and I notice that some my co-workers from upstairs come in on their break. It's the girls that I walked past earlier. Out of nowhere, one of them asks me if I'm enjoying my lunch. I find it a little strange, but say yes. I don't know if she was just trying to be friendly because I happened to be sitting there, or if maybe she was implying something else.

I think I've been a little hyper sensitive lately. There was a girl in the break room a few days ago who kept staring at me. The second time I noticed it, I started to feel ashamed. I know that I'm overweight, and I've been trying to watch what I eat and even started Zumba classes at the local gym. I've never been so self conscious that I couldn't eat in front of strangers, but now I think I may start finding a secluded spot to eat or just eat in my car.

Speaking of the gym, why do some women put on makeup and style their hair for an high intensity aerobic class? If you're putting any kind of effort into the routines, you're going to end up with raccoon eyes and sweat filled hair. I know that I'm dripping when I get finished with class.

In other news, I am enjoying Zumba. I do feel a bit like a klutz and rather uncoordinated sometimes, but I'm working on it. I'm usually in class about 4 times a week, and started the toning class once a week. With the Sunday classes starting this week, I'll be up to 5 classes a week, so hopefully, the weight will start to come off. I'm changing my eating habits bit by bit. I've been doing well with cutting out the soda. I just need to be a little more watchful as to how much junk food I'm eating. We don't go out as much, but there are nights where we haven't gone grocery shopping and JB doesn't want to go to the store, so we head to Chick Fil A. I'm trying to not get discouraged, and I know it's going to take time, but I would love to see immediate results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home